KSD Hawaii provides student aid
Student Aid Criteria
We thought it might be helpful for the general membership to have a quick overview of our student aid award criteria at your fingertips.
- The student must be a KSD member in good standing for at least one year prior to the date on the application. Members in good standing must attend at least 50% of KSD activities. We have eight activities a year. Parental attendance may be counted in lieu of student attendance.
- Application should be received at least 2 months before the start of the college semester.
- Applicant must be a registered full time student. Registration must be submitted
- Applicant must achieve a full time GPA of at least 2.0. Grade report must be submitted.
- Applicant will be required to submit an approved project which might also include a leadership role in one of our activities
- A total of eight awards are available to each applicant including post graduate work.
- Each college student award is $1,000 or an amount determined by the Board of Directors
- Each high school student award is $500 or an amount determined by the Board of Directors
- Freshman awards may be $500 after satisfactory completion of each of the first and second semesters.
- Awards may be presented at a KSD function where the recipient may be invited to speak.
- A new application must be submitted at the start of each academic year.
If you would like the full version of our student aid policies, application, checklist, or have any questions please contact the Student Aid Coordinator Liane Fu. Call or text 808-721-1688, email@example.com